Monday, February 2, 2009


Dathan and Lightening, the RAT catcher. We don't just have scrawny little mice, we have huge rats. Lightening was a blessing dropped off by my brother-n-law, Donald. He knew we needed a barn cat, but we were not informed - Until, the boys found a cat in their live traps! They were excited they caught something. Jon was telling his mother about the catch when mom started laughing. The secret was out. The cat was unhurt and she is a great rat catcher. I've seen some of her catch. Gross!

Dalton loves Papa Charlie's tractor.


Jon and David looking at the treasure. David came up with my parents to look at the farm. David killed the first rat in the barn! Good going!


My daddy bringing up his Farmall.


The boys just found out that we bought the farm. They were excited! There is sooo much to do - mowing, tearing down fences, cleaning up, building fences and sooo much more that does not include the 'ol farm house. (Excuse the order of the pics)

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Rats....gross....Our lab dog thinks it's a 'mouser/retriever'...the other night he proudly brought me a HUGE RAT in his mouth. Needless to say, I freaked out!!!! They burnt the field across from us and I guess have run the 'wildlife' out. Paul told me..."At least he's killing them." I still shudder!